Tuesday, May 02, 2006


Yesterday was a day for trying out new things! I finished work at 2pm and had to get to Omiya by 2.30pm. How? By Shinkansen baby. Kumagaya to Omiya is a 45 minute train journey. However, Kumagaya to Omiya in the Shinkansen is a 9 minute journey. I was amazed. The doors slide open with a psssssstshshs. They are air locked for super speed travel. Its like entering Thunderbird 2, or 1, I dunno I was never into Thunderbirds. The big green one. Anyways, I met Delphine in omiya and couldn't really stand or sit still because I was buzzing from the super fast journey. This was a relatively short journey too. The train didn't even get out of 2nd gear. Delphine and I then visited an agency that deals with TV and film extra work. We signed up, had pictures taken and were measured thoroughly! I'll keep the blog posted if anything happens with that. After that we both travelled to Shimbashi to meet with an old university friend of Delphine's. Taka studied in Canada but now lives in his home country with his family. He was a great guy. He took us to a Thai restaurant which was my next 'new thing'. Sure I've had Thai food before, but in an authentic Thai restaurant? No. Oh my Lord Thai food where have you been all my life. Tom Yung Kun was something I really wanted to try. A sour soup loaded with chillis. It was heaven. Also on the menu was sumptuous spring rolls and green curry that made my taste buds implode. All washed down with delicious Singha beers of course. The day ended quietly. Heads lolling on the busy peasant style normal train. It had been 30 degrees all day and pretty much all evening. Nothing a cold shower and a cold beer couldn't fix.  Posted by Picasa

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Matt!!
Long time no hear!
How've you been?
I'm glad to watch your blog.While reading your blog, I'm always laughing. It reminds me of your interesting lessons.
By the way, I'm so lazy I gave up writing my blog in english. But from today, I'll try again! Please watch.

koki

3:25 pm

 

Post a Comment

<< Home